Sunday 20 May 2012

Kolkata Blues

An imaginary conversation at Writer's Building in Kolkata.
West Bengal Govt official: Congrats Mr Roy for painting your house blue. As per new rules you are eligible for tax exemption. Kindly fill this form and submit your paint expenses bill and we will mail the tax exemption certificate to your house.
Roy: Thank you sir.
Half a hour later Roy meets his old friend Chatterjee outside Writer's Building.
Chatterjee: Hello Mr Roy, I knew you were an ardent football fan, but did not know you took so much interest in politics. Just passed by your house and saw it was painted all blue - the colour of Trinamool Congress. 
Roy: (in sotto voce) Chatterjee da, just between you and me. I am no way interested in politics-bolitics.
Chatterjee (with raised eyebrows): Then.
Roy: I painted my house blue to celebrate the victory of my favourite club Chelsea in UEFA Champions League! Nothing to do with Mamata Didi and her first anniversary in office. Luckily both the events coincided and I am making the best of it. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh this is hilarious !! Just what a Kolkatan would think !

    ReplyDelete